11 May 2013

Hair, hair, hair

I've always had really good hair! It was thick, long, healthy and there was a lot of it! Then at the age of 17 I got seriously ill and my hair started falling off! Ever since then it hasn't been the same!
Taking corticosteroids for 8 years has taken its tool on many things, including my hair! It's weak, there's not a lot of it, it takes ages to grow it and it constantly changes from super dry to oily.

I have good periods when my hair gets better, but those are really rare! Good thing is, my health has gotten much better in the last 6 months which means less corticosteroids and possibly better hair!
I've stopped counting the amount of products I've tried and money I've spent on various hair products. It turned out that what works best for my hair is actually not that expensive! 

First thing that helps me is food! I love vegetables and fruit so lack of vitamins was never an issue. But the way you combine food matters a lot. I try and eat according to UnDiet rules and it improved my health big time. (I'll do a post about the diet)
I also drink brewer's yeast in pills. This is the only thing that made my hair start growing normally again. 

Majority of the hair products I currently use are drugstore products, with a few exceptions. 


Avon Oil Hair Serum - I usually use it when my ends are dry and chipped. It makes your hair really soft and makes it look really smooth and healthy. It lasts for a long time because you don't have to use it every time you wash your hair and you don't need a lot of it when you do.


Schauma Phyto-Caffeine shampoo and conditioner - I've tried so many hair loss shampoos that I've lost count. Then I saw this in our local drug store and decided to try it out. 
It actually works! The amount of my hair loss has decreased and my hair is really soft after using both products.


Klorane Stinging Nettle shampoo - This is a French brand shampoo that supposedly helps with hair loss. I'm not saying it's not good, but my hair didn't like it. It was dry and it made it look chipped even though it wasn't. It's similar to Dr. Temt black shampoo, except Dr. Temt shampoo makes your hair look pretty. Unfortunately, I won't repurchase Klorane!


Subrina hair growth simulating lotion- It's a Slovenian brand (I think) that has some amazing hair products. This product is hop based and you apply it to your wet hair(roots only). The smell is not the most pleasant one, but it fades away quickly. This product really does help your hair get stronger. 


Garnier Fructis hair mask - Simple and effective. It smells nice, it softens your hair and it's affordable. Pretty much every girls dream! I use this mask once a week.


Schwartzkopf Gliss hair repair conditioner- After complaining to my mum about my hair and how poorly it looks she surprised me and bought this. Basically you spray this on your hair while it's still wet to stop it from being frizzy and to repair its ends.  Good thing is that it really lasts for a long time. I like this one a lot and I'll repurchase it for sure. 


Which hair products do you use? Do you have any good ones to recommend? 

xx





3 comments:

  1. Hi! You have great blog!
    What do you think about to follow each other? Let me know!
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the Schwarzkopf Serum, I might just look for that =) I love my hair but it can be very high maintenance!

    - Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! If you like it( or if you don't) , let me know!!! xx